wheels

You know the gentleman that I mentioned that got my car started when I
ruined a perfectly good 8v by swapping a 16v in it...  If I remember
correctly he had 17's on his Scirocco.  I remember he said that the
fenders were rolled and the car was dropped like you wouldn't believe
but said that it ran great that way.  I remember looking at it in AWE
and thinking that I wanted my car to look that way when I had like a
million or so.  It didn't look ghetto at all.  I think he may have had
coilovers.

The car was sweet though.  It had one of the aftermarket body kits,
and he had Mk1 leather seats in it which looked really good.  It
started out life as an 85 burgundy red just like mine and it has been
painted some sort of porsche red.  He had swapped a 16v into it and
done some serious work to it.  I know that he had NOS.  On I-5 in
Seattle once we were on this cruise to somewhere and I had my 16v
pretty much wide open and he hit the button and left me like I was
sitting still.  I think he was in 4th too.

I hear that's rough on the engines though.

Chris