How did you get your first....

> > So... How did you become hooked?

Hrm, I was 2 years out of highschool and needed to give my brother his
POS 85 4 cyl. mustang back, as he was about to graduate from college.
I decided a Scirocco to be the car for me, and after some looking I
found an 84.  the guys got it through MD inspection at a particularly
notorious (stringent)  place.  It was a wolfsburg, they called the
color Champagne Silver, but I don't think that was the official name.
I registered it on dec. 7th, and then on dec 31st this happened
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/g-rocco/File0002.jpg
(not my fault!)
That was the december from hell, but we don't have enough bandwitch
for me to explain it all...
Suffice it to say that in only 3 weeks I didn't have much time with
the car to do anything, but I knew I'd have one again.
5 years later, I ended up with my 2nd car, the red baron we all know and love.

So that's how that happened

Greg
--
Aronsons First Law
People who do crazy things are not necessarily crazy