What STEAMS me about Vortex... Sorry... Rant

---- Original Message -----
From: "C Boyko" <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca>
To: "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com>
Cc: <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>; <area53@validpath.com>; <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 8:58 AM
Subject: Re: What STEAMS me about Vortex... Sorry... Rant

> On 9:24:15 am 05/18/05 "Dan Bubb" <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> I think Jeff's probably got the answer.
>> Having the wrong speedo cable gear will change the odometer and
>> speedometer reading 7.3% If you have a 3.67 final drive (and you
>> should) then the wrong gear will incease your reading. OTOH, even
>> assuming that, if you have a 1.44 third gear (and you should with a 2Y)
>> then at 7000 you'd be doing 89MPH or 95 indicated with the wrong
>> gear, so that doesn't explain it all. Now if your tranny guy just
>> happened to change out some gear sets on you and happened to install
>> a 1.29 3rd gear set (I'd really think you'd notice the taller gear
>> though!) then 7000 RPM would get you 100MPH and with the wrong speedo
>> gear you'd have the indicated 105 that you mention. As far as top
>> speed, with the wrong speedo gear, at an indicated 143 you'd actually
>> be doing 133 which sounds a lot more reasonable with a near stock HP
>> engine. just my overanalytical .02
>> Dan
>>

> I'd like to tell you guys that you are all full of it. (Yes, I've waited a
> long time to feel confident enough to do that...)
> I do 143 ALL THE TIME in my 16V. It just spins up there so easily...AND
> I've had my speedo calibrated using a GPS, so I know it's close to perfect.
> Body kit, somewhat massaged 2L engine, TT exhaust, yada, yada...So put that
> in your pipe and smoke it. ;P
>
> (did I mention my speedo reads in metric? There's yet another possible
> explanation...gotcha didn't I?)
>
> cathy, stirrer of the shite....

Cathy,
I knew where you were going before the 4th sentence.
But good try ;^)

So, the other day we were going to lunch. The driver had bought his Acura Legend in Canada.
We're cruising down the highway and I glance at his speedo, it say 110!
I start to think, Damn! this car is fast and smooth and quiet! before it hits me.

So, just as a summary statement; does this mean Canadian speedometers are just like Canadian
money???

Dan