What STEAMS me about Vortex... Sorry... Rant

Ahh the bullshit flag has been waved... Good man.
 Well... is it in any way possible that the size of the tires and wheels had
anything to do with the accuracy of the one speedo reading I saw (105ish in
3rd gear)??? I am trying to offer reasons for one of two conclusions...
mechanical malfunction or operator error. I am sure that just about everyone
here is smarter in math than I am. I never really got past (or through)
geometry... ya know? As you said the math backs up the facts and I do not
dispute that. It's been well established. I got the engine/tranny from a
wrecked 88 scirocco. Stock PL/2Y setup as far as I can tell. I have no
reason to believe that there is cam/head work. I removed the AC and
installed power steering on the 85. Also took the front brakes and
associated hardware. Kept my speedo cable and gear. Sometime in this time
frame I replaced the idiot light box and the cable/gear... I had both an
orange gear and a white one... I think I chewed the orange. Also had a
syncro problem in the tranny had a guy in Seattle rebuild it for me.
Destroyed the 3rd and 4th gear...as far as I know replaced it with stock
parts... nothing special. The tranny guy was this older german dude that was
absolutely a wizard. Same day rebuild, cheap...
 Also since then I have gone through a couple of clusters...
 Again I am absolutely sure that you are right I don't doubt the masters. So
I am sure something in the history of this car wasn't calibrated or I am
full of shit. I am doubting my memory now. I believe that I saw 105 but
maybe I didn't. Unfortunately the car doesn't have the same configuration or
is it in the condition now to be redlining 3rd. I did rev up the 87 this
evening on an onramp... not to redline but I was nowhere near 100. So I will
concede that one on lack of proof.
 As for the exhaust I am doubting that too... geez. I will go out and
measure it tommorow and tell you. I do know that the cat is hollow and that
alot of the rest was replaced by a local muffler shop. Thats when the
resonator was removed. The actual muffler rattles like a can with a rock in
it at the moment so it doesn't sound very good.
 Top speed. I had at the time a 120 speedo in it and I think at this point
the gear was chewed anyway... I figured that I should pass a mile marker
every 60 seconds if I was doing 60 mph. So if I passed one every 30 seconds
that would be 120 right? Again I never claimed to be a math wizz. I timed it
the best I could and then did the math in my head. I pushed it really hard
and kept it there for probably half a tank of gas which wasn't a very long
time but too harsh for the bearings obviously. So for this one I am going to
say operator error again.
 Maybe someday I will have an opportunity to take it to the track and see
what it will do officially. I know what I believe and believe what I know...
I would swear on a bible that I saw 105 in 3rd and I really want to argue
the fact but I don't have a leg to stand on logically and no way or desire
to reproduce the run.

Oh yea... scirocco content...
How do I wire up the reverse lights?! I still have an 8v harness for that
plug I think. And a 16v 2y tranny.
 Duly humbled.
Chris