From: "Chris Bennett" <scirocco16vr32@gmail.com>
To: "Allyn" <amalventano1@tds.net>
Cc: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 9:12 PM
Subject: Re: What STEAMS me about Vortex... Sorry... Rant

That is a stock 1.8 16v with no cat and no resonator other than the stock
muffler. I was absolutely at max full throttle doing actually 143mph. I
didn't find out till much later that they make tires that are designed to go
that fast. :) I do have a larger diameter exhaust. 2.5 or 2.75 I think. I
have the 16v dealer video where they state that the top speed is 122mph on
the track. I thought that was pretty funny.
 It did take a while to get to that speed. I used to be able to pull close
to 105 in 3rd gear (maybe that's why I need a head gasket now LOL) I
remember the engine going up a little in pitch everytime there was a
bump--as the front wheels were leaving the ground. Like I said that was
once... I won't ever do that again--at least not in a Scirocco.
 I have pushed the R32 a little bit and it feels better and worse at the
same time. Approaching 100mph you know it with a Scirocco... you know you
are going fast. The R32 at 90 feels smoother than the Scirocco does at 60.
If I ever get my chip I will see what the R will do out somewhere where
there are no cars and it isn't deer season.
 Reminds me of Rodney Carrington... Talking about hunting deer with a
buick... Camoflaged... "start her up real slow..."

 On 5/17/05, Allyn <amalventano1@tds.net> wrote:

> >> That is scary! 110 is scary enough, I don't want to think about 150...
> >>
> > I believe a scirocco with a decent body "kit" to keep its nose down at
> > speed while the flow around tit smooth enough would be the way to go.
> But
> > then again if I were to try somethign like that, Bonneville is the place
>
> agreed. front and rear spoilers seem to help a bunch. the rieger actually
> smoothes out when going >100. its funny that the original post mentioned
> 143, as thats what my speedo read at top end after the 2.0 swap. true
> speed
> was lower, as i dont have the right speedo gear for my wheel/tire size
> (reads ~8% high).
> Al

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for an evening...
Set him on fire, and keep him warm for the rest of his life.