Clutch-slack-stop

I was thinking about fabricating an adjustable 'stop' to eliminate all
the excess free clutch pedal travel (the travel from fully out to just
before there is pressure on the pushrod).  Make any sense?  I figure
all that travel is for nothing, and for a track car it might be
preferable to eliminate it...  I've never heard of such a thing, but
anyone think of a reason I shouldn't try it?  As long as the throw-out
bearing isn't in enough contact with the pushrod to spin it, I
wouldn't think there'd be any reason not to try it?  Anyone?

I really wish I could turn off my brain once in a while though - shit
like this is the reason I only get 3 hours of sleep per night...

Thanks!

Mark - taking a break from the frustrating/curse-filled task of
fabricating ultra-low-profile seat
          brackets for my Recaro GTX seats using Jeep CJ sliders...
What a PITA!!!  Should
          be room for a 6'8" gorilla with a helmet on when I'm done though!  :)
75
80 S
90 Audi Coupe Quattro - 10vt