Single brake line to rear ok?

On 5/7/05, Dan Bubb <jdbubb@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> ... So, I'd hook it up like VW did from the factory with two separate
> proportioning valves.

I was afraid I'd get that answer!  :)  I think what I will do is buy
two lever-style prop. valves and rig them up with a single lever to
control both.  I know the lever style isn't quite as fine-tunable as
the knob style (7 steps vs. many), but I like the simplicity of a
single lever.  All the prop valves that I've been doing research on
(Tilton, Wilwood, Summit) have a range from 100% to 57% percent
pressure.  I think 7 the steps in that 43% pressure differential are
small enough that you wouldn't necessarily need more.  Sometimes too
much adjustability is simply that - too much...  With a single lever
it will also be easy/quick/accurate to blindly change the brake bias
while on track, rather than fumbling with two separate knobs...  Any
thoughts or experiences?

Thanks!

Mark.
75