From: scirocco-l-bounces+sailingfc=dslextreme.com@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces+sailingfc=dslextreme.com@scirocco.org]On
Behalf Of Jeff Toomasson
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 12:21 AM
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org (E-mail)
Subject: Two new t-stats and new waterpump can't be faulty, right? (8v)

My mk1 had been running quite hot. I noticed that the flow to the
radiator had been pretty meager. Decided that the waterpump should get
switched out. Found one (and a t-stat) on ebay for $20. So, I finally
get the opportunity to install the bugger today and I get no flow (that
and makeshift pulley assembly I had to fab because the STUPID PO used
some mish-mosh of pulleys AND BOLTS (not allens) on the crank pulley!!)
I even switched out the t-stat for another new one I had lying around.
Nothing. Is drilling the t-stat recommended for 8v's too?

I'm even debating switching out the radiator. Any ideas??

Thx, JT

PS - Ron/Brett if you're out there, I haven't forgotten about you guys!
(dealing w/ ailing child (I know you know what that's about!!))  :)