need help identifying coolant fitting on 16V

The coolant outlet on the right side of my car's cyl head has "027 121 145B"
printed on it.  It's made of plastic and has a singe outlet of approximately
25 millimeters.  This is the piece near the senders.

Looks like EKTA only shows a 027 121 145A, which is what I purchased as a
replacement.  This piece is aluminum and has an extra (16mm) outlet that
EKTA shows as pointing up when installed and apparently connects to the
metal pipe that wraps around the head.  My metal pipe only has a single "T"
(the one that connects to the expansion tank) but ETKA shows a second
one....

I plan to plug the extra fitting on the piece I have, but really wanted to
tap into the vast pool of carnal scirocco knowledge here before I started
cutting and tapping.

BTW, this is an 88 16V Scirocco.  The PO removed the AC.  TIA!!!

sciroccojim