need help identifying coolant fitting on 16V

To add to my question:
David informed me a while ago that the 027 121 145B is for "Passats, Golfs
and Jettas."  My car does have the Passat fan setup and may have a non-stock
rad....I don't know if this would affect the coolant piping layout.  Could
the PO have changed the fittng to this one?  I didn't see a detailed enough
hose diagram in my Bentley....