Re: Coilovers

My current driver '81 has Carrera coilovers on Tokico Illuminas and I'd say
they're just _ok_(I can't quite grasp why the PO used adjustable shocks w/
single-rate springs - the setup is really only effective on one shock setting... :-/ )

Actually, there are a lot of reasons to change shock valving without needing to
change spring rates. It allows you to fine-tune the suspension for current
conditions or personal ride quality preferences. If you make significant
changes to spring rates, the amount of adjustment available on most adjustable
shocks won't do you much good anyway...you'd need to have them re-valved (as I
have with my rear Konis and 600lb springs).

The Mustang guys I know love Tokikos, but I haven't met a VW driver yet who had
a good experience with them.

Neal