Re: Coilovers

>One problem you might run into when converting to coilovers is that
>the inside of your wheels might rub against the coilover sleeve.  The
>modified A2 setup on my 75 track car (BSI system with double
>adjustable koni's)  does this, and 5mm wheel spacers were needed to
>provide the required clearance...

Ditto that. For my street wheels, I have BMW offset wheels (25mm instead of
typical 37mm VW) and I use some thin 8mm H&R spacers. My 13" wheels are so
short that I don't have an issue with them.

Another option is to use a shorter spring so it doesn't extend so far down the
strut body. You can get 6" or 7" long springs instead of the usual 8". Be
careful and make sure you don't have coil binding issues.

Be aware that if you get spacers over, say 3mm, you should seriously consider longer lugbolts. Finding the right lugs will take some planning ahead of time, so take that into consideration. Potterpeople can help you out.

Again, ditto that. I'm personally in the process of converting to studs, and I
have a full set of longer OEM-style bolts from the Potterpeople I could sell if
someone is interested. Half have been slightly used, and the other half are
still brand-new (no issues with stock bolts on the back for me).

Neal