Re: exhaust studs or bolts? and suspension

Which studs are you referring to? Either way a nut and bolt of the proper size should wok fine. Being a vendor for KYB I can tell you you will beat the stuts to death with anything more than 16V Springs. Even Gas-A-Just's would be marginal at best. But they are no good since they don;t make front struts for our cars, sealed or otherwise. My 78 has 350 pound springs in the rear and they just get the job done. HTH

Erik
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rhett Farnum" <rocco.crossing@gmail.com>
To: "Scirocco List" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:02 PM
Subject: exhaust studs or bolts? and suspension

Ok when I pulled the motor for my 82 out of the 91 GTI and was
removing the exhaust I broke/stripped ect a few of the studs and was
wondering what to use when I put it in Project 82? I was thinking
about using bolts because they wouldn't have exposed threads to
rust/corrode, and antisieze would stay better. Also, if i go this
route what is the thread on these so I get the right bolts. Or if I
was to use studs where can I get new ones?

Ok now for my suspension question. Has anyone tried the KYB GR2's on a
MKII? I was thinking about them because they are reasonably price from
TireRack and I have liked the KYB's I have had in the past. Plus the
budget I am one won't allow me to spend much more than $200 if that
one shocks and struts. OH, I am using Nuespeed 16V lowering springs
just for a little reference.