From what I gather, the gr2's are oem equip. on a few lux. cars out
there, but we all know most lux cars have really soft spring rates.

Just my 2 cents.

Find a used blown set of bilsteins and have them revalved?

-----Original Message-----
From: scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org
[mailto:scirocco-l-bounces@scirocco.org] On Behalf Of Rhett Farnum
Sent: Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:03 AM
To: Scirocco List
Subject: exhaust studs or bolts? and suspension

Ok when I pulled the motor for my 82 out of the 91 GTI and was removing
the exhaust I broke/stripped ect a few of the studs and was wondering
what to use when I put it in Project 82? I was thinking about using
bolts because they wouldn't have exposed threads to rust/corrode, and
antisieze would stay better. Also, if i go this route what is the thread
on these so I get the right bolts. Or if I was to use studs where can I
get new ones?

Ok now for my suspension question. Has anyone tried the KYB GR2's on a
MKII? I was thinking about them because they are reasonably price from
TireRack and I have liked the KYB's I have had in the past. Plus the
budget I am one won't allow me to spend much more than $200 if that one
shocks and struts. OH, I am using Nuespeed 16V lowering springs just for
a little reference.

San Francisco * San Diego * Los Angeles * Sacramento * Orange County * Las Vegas * Portland * Houston * Phoenix
This email communication may contain CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WHICH ALSO MAY BE LEGALLY PRIVILEGED and is intended only for the use of the intended recipients identified above. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, dissemination, distribution, downloading, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by reply email, delete the communication and destroy all copies. GORDON & REES LLP  http://www.gordonrees.com