Re: Anyone have experience with having a car chemicallystripped(kindof like hot tanking I guess?)

I know nothing about dunking the whole body, but I do know that I will be
stripping my car to the metal myself when the time comes.  And I do mean I
am going to do it.  Not hubby.  I did that in a body shop for a bit.  I used
to use the same stuff on my boots that we used on the cars.  They had this
stuff that you could bake on your boots to make them look almost like glass.
And we had to use ZipStrip to get it off. It's even used on airplanes. And I guarantee you that you do NOT want to get it on your hands! It WILL
burn you after a few minutes!

Anywho, I do want to get my baby going again, but no way do I want to strip
her to the metal so that she can be dipped.  I am to impatient to spend that
much time on it.  If I get the engine going, maybe someone will call
Overhaulin' on me.  LOL!  Kinda suck that it has to be running since they so
often put a new engine in them anyway.  ;-)

I know, I know, shut UP already!

Hugs!

Carol