exhaust studs or bolts? and suspension

Ok when I pulled the motor for my 82 out of the 91 GTI and was
removing the exhaust I broke/stripped ect a few of the studs and was
wondering what to use when I put it in Project 82? I was thinking
about using bolts because they wouldn't have exposed threads to
rust/corrode, and antisieze would stay better. Also, if i go this
route what is the thread on these so I get the right bolts. Or if I
was to use studs where can I get new ones?

Ok now for my suspension question. Has anyone tried the KYB GR2's on a
MKII? I was thinking about them because they are reasonably price from
TireRack and I have liked the KYB's I have had in the past. Plus the
budget I am one won't allow me to spend much more than $200 if that
one shocks and struts. OH, I am using Nuespeed 16V lowering springs
just for a little reference.