Re: 2007 Scirocco

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 03:56:04 -0500, rroyce4u@aol.com wrote:

Most of you have probable seen this but just in case you haven't:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1877202

There are mix feelings on VW bringing back the Scirocco name but I think it would be the best thing to happen to the scirocco world since they were introduced. I fell in love with the Concept R and had planned on buying one when they come out but now since it looks like it will be called a Scirocco I will have to buy one!! Who wouldn't love a 2 seater, mid engine 265hp 165 mph and priced around 25k.

Calling this a Scirocco is much more of a stretch than Type 1 = New
Beetle (success) or original T-Bird = New T-bird (flop).  No styling
similarities and not a 2+2 hatchback coupe.

Karmann has done a bunch of prototypes over the past few years, but
they obviously make money doing soft tops, not hatchbacks.  This one
could have been the New Ghia:
http://www.cabrionews.de/katalog/karmann/coupe.php

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9