Re: 2007 Scirocco

From: rroyce4u@aol.com
Date: 2005/03/14 Mon AM 03:56:04 EST
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: 2007 Scirocco

Most of you have probable seen this but just in case you haven't:
 http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1877202
There are mix feelings on VW bringing back the Scirocco name but I think it would be the best thing to happen to the scirocco world since they were introduced. I fell in love with the Concept R and had planned on buying one when they come out but now since it looks like it will be called a Scirocco I will have to buy one!! Who wouldn't love a 2 seater, mid engine 265hp 165 mph and priced around 25k.

I knew they were building this, but I did not realize they thought about using the Scirocco name...  I think that would be a good thing, it will drive up the demand/price for the older cars.  Not only that, once the demand goes up, seals and the like will be more in demand as well...

Perhaps the new one would be in many ways a farce in comparison to the older one, but with the benefits that might follow.....

My .02,

David

'83 GTI, Daily Driver...
'87 16V, parts car