Re: 2007 Scirocco

rroyce4u@aol.com wrote:

There are mix feelings on VW bringing back the Scirocco name but I
think it would be the best thing to happen to the scirocco world
since they were introduced. I fell in love with the Concept R and had
planned on buying one when they come out but now since it looks like
it will be called a Scirocco I will have to buy one!! Who wouldn't
love a 2 seater, mid engine 265hp 165 mph and priced around 25k.

PUH-lease! That thing is no more a Scirocco than is a '67 Camaro. It would be completely pointless to name that car "Scirocco", and would be a slap in the face to we enthusiasts of the real thing. If VW were to actually recycle the name on that thing, they're going to get an earful from members of this list, I can assure you!

--
Kevin Collins
Chandler, AZ