(no subject)

--- Dale Dillhoff <db9561@dragonbbs.com> wrote:

 Can I
> change the rear axle out to get the disk brakes or do I
> have to find a GTI?

The rear axle beams are not direct bolt-ons IIRC.

> Do I have to change pistons or is there enough clearance
> in the 8V to put a
> 16V head on it even if it has low compression.

I believe the problem will be with an oil or coolant
passage or two - they won't interchange.

  Any hints
> as to how to make
> him a "cheap" tuner car using Scirocco parts would be
> helpful.

Simple - buy one of the Mk 2 Sciroccos I have for sale -
you're local....

Daun Yeagley - Wilmington Ohio
'81 Scirocco S               '85 Scirocco 8v
'86 Scirocco 8v              '88 Scirocco 16v
'88 Scirocco Slegato *coming soon*
'96 Passat GLX Wagon         '56 Cessna 172

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com