(no subject)

Ok I am getting a friends son into V-dub's.  Acquired a 1.8 8V automatic
Golf.  I race 16V Sic's and have several parts cars laying around.  Can I
change the rear axle out to get the disk brakes or do I have to find a GTI?
Do I have to change pistons or is there enough clearance in the 8V to put a
16V head on it even if it has low compression.  Any hints as to how to make
him a "cheap" tuner car using Scirocco parts would be helpful.

Dale

1988 Scirocco 16V
SCCA ITA

Still chasing the Honda's but caching up!