Was Crossmember Bars, now Saltybar's effect on handling

--- "Doug C." <carvsdriver@msbx.net> wrote:
> ...The amount of stiffness it added was easily noticable...The addition of Eric's bar made a
world
> of difference in terms of stiffening up the front end.

OK...now that I've succeeded in keeping quiet about this thread, I feel I can jump in with a
question about Doug's comments above - what effect on handling has this bar had for those who've
added it?  What other bars do you already have?

I am sure to get subjective info, that's fine for me, for now.  I hadn't read that it had an
effect on handling - does it?

AFA this thread's history:  I understand all sides.  I have worked with (capital E) Engineers for
over 20 years and I know how good engineers often think skeptically, unless objective data are
gathered from well constructed and executed tests...but in the world of $1000 cars being on the
pricey side, we aren't going to get FMEAs of the original design and FEA of new vs. old...we get
what Eric's graciously given us.

Soooo...Saltybar handling observations, please.

Thx

Cheapass Ron

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html