Crossmember Bars

Sorry Larry, my 16v had US bumpers it whole life and cracks with 120K.

I put on eurobumpers the same time I installed one of Erics bars.  The amount of stiffness it added was easily noticable.  Before the bar, I could grab the front crossmember with my hand and wiggly it about an 1".  I've got video to prove that.  The addition of Eric's bar made a world of difference in terms of stiffening up the front end.  If the car didn't end up getting totaled, it would have been around a lot longer with Eric's bar than without (Probably would have gone the same way that Rich Deede's black scirocco did).

-Doug