Crossmember Bars

Larry is entitled to his doubts.

No one here has the money to *properly* test these bars, I am sure of that!

Most of us just have to rely on others experiences as to if it does what
its designed to do.  I merely responded to a demand...a *loud* demand at
that.

I produce something that quite a few people have asked for for years, and
I get your crappy skepicism, thanks buddy!  Do you think I am out to
profit on this?  If so, you are greatly mistaken, and probably don't
understand the depth of my dedication to this group.

Anyone that has experienced catastrophic crossmember failure understands
why this bar was made, and why it has to help.

I by no means think this is a CUREALL.    If it gets these cars to last
another 10 years without cracking, or holds existing cracks from
continuing...then my goal has been met.

I more than welcome you to design something better.  The key is, the
average joe doesn't have a welder...so it has to be bolt on by the average
monkey mechanic.  Oh, and make sure you actually can get it made in decent
quantities too.  I'd more than welcome someone taking this project
over...step up to the plate Larry!

--
Eric
www.vintagewatercooleds.com

1981 Scirocco S (TDI swap project)
1981 Rabbit Truck LX Diesel -FOR SALE-
1990 Corrado TDI -FOR SALE-
1990 Fox Wagon
1991 Cabriolet (2.0 crossflow 8v project)
1994 Jetta GL