NON A/C Question

> My brother is the one looking for it.  He is relegated to driving a
> vehicle with no a/c here in the wonderful southern summer that is
> producing some 100 plus degree temps with 90 to 100 percent humidity.
> real feel like temps here today and for the past week have been in the
> 110s and 120s.

With that much humidity, the swamp cooler will not be worth a damn.  They
rely on evaporation to cool, and in 90-100% humidity, you won't get any
appreciable evaporation.  I have a home window-unit swap cooler, and in the
very dry air of Colorado it works great.  But back in Iowa where I grew up,
it would not have worked at all.

gd