Vacuum Diagrams

I'd think you should optimize your fuel settings for warm running as you
suggest.
I'm sure that the TEC II has a priming pulse, after start enrichment and
warm up enrichment (at least the systems I've seen have these) that you can
optimize for any cold start/cold running condition. Also, the TEC II should
automatically vary the amount of fuel injected depending on intake air temp
to accomodate variations in air density.

Engines without idle speed controllers, in my experience, do exactly what
yours is doing. If set for a 1000-1100 RPM idle while warm they will be at
700-800 when cold. If they're run hard they'll idle higher. There is just
enough change in the load on the engine due to oil viscosity that the idle
speed is going to vary like this.

There is one trick you can use that might help some and that is to set your
ignition advance table with one RPM column at the desired idle speed and
another RPM column a few hundred RPM lower. Say, 1000 RPM and 600 RPM. Set
the advance in the 1000 column at 6 or 10 or whatever value you want to idle
at. Advance the ignition in the 600 RPM column to something around 20.
Engines idle faster with more advance. If the idle drops for whatever
reason, the TEC II will kick in more advance and tend to stabilize the idle.
It won't fix the issue, but it will help.
The "correct" fix of course is to find out what ISV the TEC II can control
and hook that up.
In short it doesn't sound like a vacuum line problem to me.
Dan