HVAC Controller now speedo cable

On 10:06:25 pm 07/23/05 "Jeff" <scorpio71@charter.net> wrote:
> I checked one yard a couple days ago, and the only Roc was stripped
> of all controls. I am going to another in the morn-Sunday-, so I'll
> look there also.
>
> Cathy, do you still need the speedo cable- if so which half, or which
> donor would the one piece cable come from?
>
> Sorry I can't be more help guys, I'll try and do better this time.
> :)  Jeff

I need a MkI cable, it would be Scirocco specific, and the MkII won't work
either, it has the wrong hookup, mine has a "female collar" that screws
onto the guage. I need the upper part in particular. Rabbit cables are too
short by a few inches. I'm not sure if the two part one is state specific
(mine's a California car), or year specific (my 80 has the one piece, the
79 has the two piece, both dead), but as I said, any MkI cable would work.
But I doubt you'll find a MkI in the yard. If you do, I bet there are a few
things people are looking for. I'm looking for the trim plastic at the top
of the inside doorpulls, and the elusive duckbill...

Cathy