ANother alternator question

Well, since I can't get this alternator off, and it had a really awful
looking wire into it, I decided to just try replacing the wire before
getting soemone else to look at it. So I went to undo the nut holding the
"big wire" to the alternator (the one that goes to the starter), and the
whole stud spun. So what's the nature of the connection on the other end of
that stud? I don't need to try it out and have a fire eh?

On a sunny note, I actually managed to do an oil change on the car without
incident. That shouldn't be a concern, but the way things have been going,
I expected some flukey disaster with that too. Off to play with some fuel
lines next...yeah, that'll be good. Cathy