Anything to do in Germany?

At 07:12 PM 7/21/05, ken weidmann wrote:

>The wife and I are heading to Germany September 1st through 13th for a
>friends wedding on the 2nd. We are flying in/out of Frankfurt and the
>wedding is near Baden Baden in the Black forest area. We are planning on
>heading to Paris for a couple of days after the wedding then coming back
>into Germany through Switzerland before spending the last few days in
>Germany before we fly out of Frankfurt on the 13th.
>
>is there anything that I should make sure I see while I'm there?

There is plenty!  I spent two weeks there this past spring.  Best thing to
do is to buy a tour guide and see what interests you(Foders and Michelin
are good).  Since you are
coming up through Switzerland though, a drive through the Black Forest
would be enjoyable.  Visiting any of the nice towns on the Bodensee is cool
too(Bodensee is what the Germans call Lake Constance).  As David mentioned,
there is Neuschwanstein and other castles in Bavaria.  If you like
technical museums, then Sinnsheim is an absolute MUST.  It is north of
Baden Baden on the A5.  Give this museum a good 3 hours worth of your
time.  Tons of cars, trains, planes and WWII German armor.  If you want to
eat as Germans do, stop and have lunches at any of the "Imbiss" you
pass.  A little farther north and you can enjoy the Mosel Valley(well known
for it's wines) and the Rhine- beautiful country.

John