Anything to do in Germany?

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:12:14 -0700, "ken weidmann"
<glxtasy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The wife and I are heading to Germany September 1st through 13th for a
>friends wedding on the 2nd. We are flying in/out of Frankfurt and the
>wedding is near Baden Baden in the Black forest area. We are planning on
>heading to Paris for a couple of days after the wedding then coming back
>into Germany through Switzerland before spending the last few days in
>Germany before we fly out of Frankfurt on the 13th.
>
>is there anything that I should make sure I see while I'm there?

Lots of great scenery throughout the Black Forest.  Freiburg has a
cool town square and pedestrian zone.

I'll echo John Worden on the Bodensee area.  I've spent time on the
Bodensee staying in Meersburg at http://www.baeren-meersburg.de/   You
can take the lake steamers to Austrian and Swiss towns as well as
Konstanz and Lindau.  Somewhat of a tourist area for Germans in
summer, but your timing is excellent for avoiding that.  Lots of web
info, mostly auf Deutsch.

I always manage to drag my wife to an auto or transport museum or two.
Friedrichshafen on Bodensee has the Zeppelin museum and the Stuttgart
area has a couple of good ones!  If you get north to the Mosel valley
(lots better than the Rhein, IMHO). Trier is another town with a great
city center worth a stop.  That gets you close to the Nurburgring, if
the autobahns aren't enough of a thrill.  And check these pages for
excellent driving info:  http://home.att.net/~texhwyman/auto.htm

Have a fun trip.
Gordon
75 Mk I/Drake 1.9