repairing rust and painting under window seals

> If you can't cut/grind out ALL the rust, it'll just creep back in the
> future.  You could try applying a "rust converter" type product.  I'm
> using Picklex20 <www.picklex20.com> on my 75 project, and would
> recommend it for a situation like yours.  It's applied by brush or in
> a spray (windex type) bottle, so you should be able to treat any rust
> you find - even if you can't get a grinder/sandpaper in there...

Do you know if that will damage the rubber at all?  Mine are shot
anyways, but I'd hate for them to actually disolve entirely or
something!

> You can get the stock (aftermarket) front Mk1 seal from Randy Nickel
> (RLN on VWVortex) for $69 - or if you prefer the Cal-look (trimless)
> he sells both the front and rear gasket for $100 ea...

Thats just for the windshield and rear hatch, right?  I know those are
available, and between what RLN has and the cabby-scraper-trick I
should be able to take care of the door windows, but there are still
those @#$% quarter windows!

-Grant-