Anyone need performance engine work done?

I just got back from a mad dash to Ohio and back to pick up a bunch of
parts and race rubber (thanks Anson!) and met a very cool machinist in
Tiffin. This guy knows his stuff, especially about VWs and Audis... I spent a good part of the afternoon picking his brain, and left his
shop a smarter man!  :)

He has a small, but fully equipped shop, with some really nice, trick
stuff.  He's a beta tester for Audie Technology (flowbench and other
computer based tools - <http://www.audietech.com/>), and has the
capability to do more tests on a head than I even knew existed!  He
can measure swirl, velocity, and even map the flows within each port,
among others. Here's a pic of his NICE flowbench: <http://www.audietech.com/FpPics.htm>

It's rare to meet an automotive machinist that's also computer
literate - never mind someone who knows how to get power out of a
VW/Audi!  I learned a lot from him, and would highly recommend his
shop to anyone looking to get general machining, porting/polishing (w/
high tech flowbench test & printout) or race engine buildups to the
very edge of what the rulebook allows...  He can also convert VW/Audi
hydraulic heads to solid lifters, and for you diesel geeks (ahem,
Drew) he does up heads that'll increase performance.  His name is John
Aller, and his shop is Air Cooled Engines Plus - 286 2nd Avenue,
Tiffin, OH 44883  (419) 443-8987.  Tell him Mk1Mark sent ya!

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S