Re: Running problems

From: "Julie Macfarlane" <juliemac57@hotmail.com>
Date: 2005/01/06 Thu PM 05:02:34 EST
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: Running problems

Its driving me nuts. After a few minutes the car loses power, poor idle.
If I can keep the rpm above 2500, it runs ok. If its kept at that rpm, it will drop quickly and take fluttering the gas pedal to keep it alive. This lasts for 1 to 2 minutes. Once the rpm stays stable, I have power and can drive away.

Already checked:
Fuel filter replaced
New battery
re-did all the power grounds
spark plug leads replaced last Cincy

I do have a cracked Hall effect sensor on the dist. (Maybe that).

Ideas? Comments? (be polite, this is a family list after all  :)

ECT sensor (engine coolant temp)?  For the FI?

David

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. --Ralph Waldo Emerson