Possible issues with towing a scirocco in neutral?

Alright so as most of you know a few "B" listers are heading up to Vermont this weekend for ice racing and drunken debauchery.

MK1Mark being the total lunatic that he is insisted (oh twist my arm) upon towing the twin up there for the event.

Even though we will be employing his ingenious kickass superfuckingfragalistic tow dollymajigger the twins rear wheels still have to ride on the ground and as a result the rear transmission will be freewheeling in neutral all the way up there.

I have driven the car pretty extensively with just the front engine running and so far have had no issues.

I can't see why the neutral tow would do any more damage than normal driving but then again I can't remember to take the fucking trash out....
Anybody have some theories or better yet real world experience?

Anson