Best Buy

Somewhere I read that "losses" in retail stores were 50% due to
shoplifting, and 50% due to employee theft.  Just think, maybe some of
the guys checking the customers are the same ones stealing from the stores.

Strange things happen.  In my area, DC, the police just arrested a guy
for growing marijuana - in a public park. He was interviewed on TV.
Occupation: College student, Major: criminal justice.  Career Objective:
Police officer. The reporter suggested that this event might impede that
career. Then he said maybe he would become a lawyer.

Chris (Another one)

P.S. While I dislike having to show receipts when leaving stores, I am
sympathetic to their situation. They can't watch everyone in the store
the whole time the person is in it. Checking receipts at the exit is
more efficient.  The stores already spend a lot on loss prevention.
(Their are still security people wandering around the store acting like
shoppers.) In electronics stores there are a lot of very small high
dollar items. Even a skinny guy like Allyn could conceal a grand worth
or merchandise in his jockey shorts without really trying. It would be
even easier with a shopping bag. Also, notice that there is sure a lot
of outrage anytime a list member has something stolen.

Now "If there is a really cute girl doing bag checks" I'll bet the Best
Buy guy would let her check his jockey shorts.