  From: Blake Irvin
  To: David Utley
  Cc: scirocco.org List
  Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 10:38 PM
  Subject: Re: Wow, what a drive....

  fun!

  the driving experience i remember best from that trip is coming down to the big sur area along 101 at around 3am - felt like miles of s-curves (i think it was 30?) - by the time i got out of the curves, i was so physically and psychologically exhausted (no power steering on the (heavily overloaded) civic) that i thought i was going to lost it on the next curve.  so we stopped for a break.  and heard, upon stepping out of the car into a dense fog, the biggest sound of surf i've ever heard in my life.  i can only assume (it was literally pitch black) that we were just next to a sea-cliff.  but i had the shakes too bad to try finding the edge...

  blake/