harness Q

Ah...  BTW, didn't mean to sound like a smart ass if I did...

Perhaps you are thinking of Mk1 Mark and him wiring in his aftermarket wiring harness and fuse block.  If I were you, and I *had the time*, I would do this.  I am having more trouble with the electrical in the '83 GTI, and the 16V Scirocco I just bought appears to not be a runner because of those Gremlins (not the AMC type).

Even if a complete harness were available from VW new, I wouldn't recommend spending what they will be asking for it.  I would think $1K-$2K would not be unlikely, since there are several different small harnesses.

G/L with it...

David