Tranny Search

I need to throw in my .02 here.
The 3.89 FD is weaker than the 3.94 and 3.67. The tooth count on the ring
and pinion of the 3.89 is 93. It's 84 for the 3.94 and 3.67. Lower tooth
count, bigger stronger teeth. Better suited for turbo power!
All the other ratios found in the trannies you mention are very good from
the perspective of tooth count and strength. (unless you stumble across a
.76 5th which has the teeniest tinyest little gear teeth you've ever seen!)
Also, note that 100mm flanges will not fit in the early  tranny cases like
the codes you've mentioned. These early cases have a smaller seal and the
later 90-100mm flanges, with their larger diameter seal surface plus some
other dimensional differences, will not fit.
If it was up to me to decide what tranny to build for your awesome turbo car
I'd use a later style case, 1st thru 5th (3.45, 1.94, 1.29, .91, .71) out of
an FF/FN and either a 3.94 or 3.67 final drive with 100mm flanges.
Course I'd also want to throw in a Peloquin or Quaife. Phantom Grip at the
least!
Dan