Belts are Squealing...

Just wanted to follow up and ask a simple question. I got up early this
morning (well late for me, but early for most of the rest of the world)
and swapped all the belts with some Gator Cut Belts or something like
that.  Anyhow, This solved the problem of the belts squealing as well as
for the first time since I bought the car (over three years ago) I can
now run the A/C (very important for South Carolina Coastal Living) with
out loud noises and stares from passers by.  Glad that is done.

Now a question for all the Engineer types. Before I installed the new
belts I compared them to the ones that were in (also new, but purchased
from different stores.) As I suspected the alternator to A/C belt was
the same width on the outside of the belt, but the inner V was
noticeably different.  The packaging for each reads exactly the same. Is
this normal?  I guess it is possible the wrong belt was placed in the
package of the one I installed last week. Any other theories?

Thanks,

Dave

David L. Winchell, II
DavidWinchell2@sprynet.com