72 hours - my sciroco story

We'll go in reverse order, it's more fun that way. Just this evening I
finally got the right screws that go behind the HVAC panel to hold the
center console up. Then I re-glued my rearview mirror up (2nd time in 5
weeks) and re-sealed the silly plexiglass window in my speaker box.
But oh, the most Drama (yes, capital "D") was on Saturday. I have the
components of leather seats (removed from the frames) and I had the Drivers
side reupholstered in new leather, as it was all torn up. The other parts
were nice enough to leave alone.
Friday afternoon I picked up the new seatback and it looked great. Figured I
had my plans for Saturday all figured out.
So, I went to my parents house where I work and keep all my stuff (I'm a
semi-professional housesitter, modern Nomad). I wanted to do the passenger
side first, just 'cause. I opened the plastic garbage bag (foreshadowing)
and took out all the components, then took the new seatbackout of my car. I
removed the passenger seat (easy!) Dismantling the passenger seat was easy,
re-assembling the leather seat not so easy. Installation was a bitch, mostly
cause I hadn't eaten anything and couldn't think clearly, but eventually got
it in.
Then went looking for the other bag that had the bottom half of the drivers
seat (ominous music starts playing) I know I brought it back form the
upholsterers, cause I lexold it earlier, then put it back in the bag... in
the garage......
long story short it got thrown out *sniff sniff* What kills me is my parents
can leave other trash in the garage for weeks and not touch it, but this
stuff (not trash) got tossed rather quickly. Mother feels horrid. As it is
now, at least I have the bottom cushions from the passenger seat, the
parents said they'd pay to have them re-done to match the recently re-done
seatback.. sheesh *shakes head* boy was I pissed.
However, in spite of all that, I added soome air to the front tires, up to
36 psi and bought some very expensive high-test gas, and I think my car is
in love with me again. She's so smooth, run so well! Don't tell me they're
not alive.
Oh yeah, the moral of the story is, if yo keep your scirocco stuff somewhere
else, LABEL IT CAREFULLY .
There is a bright side to the weekend though, I did manage to score a killer
deal for a beach house for h2o.
 Cheers,
Greg.

--
I'm all about doing monstrously stupid things against
my better judgement.