Rear wing functionality

Jon Palm wrote:

> After browsing several hundred Rocco pics, my son stumbled across a
> couple with no rear wing. He likes the look and asked if we could do
> that with his.
>
> I am wondering if anyone knows the actual functionality of the wing or
> if it's mostly just looks. I would hate to remove it and have him spin
> out on a wet road because we reduced the downward pressure it created.

I would assume that the later Mk2 "wing" would help somewhat with
reducing rear end lift at high speeds, but probably doesn't do a thing
at anything near "legal" speeds.  Unless your son is blazing along wet
roads at 120mph I don't think you have to worry about the car being
unsafe...

My two cents anyways...

Mark.
75 x2