My Mk1 importing days may be on hold... :(

David I think you fail to realize the power they really do have.  You don't want to piss them off or you could end up in a place you'll never be found.  Like it or not, Legal or not they can do what ever they want and their is little you can do.  It is better to agree than to aggravate them.

Don