And then there was light at the end of the tunnel (SHOCKY RUNS!)

umm........

Well....letsee...um...er...eh...hmmm.....

To answer your question:  I am using DTA P8PRO engine management...not
the stock Motronic.

To further explore this topic and related items:  I would like to point
all interested parties in the direction of my website....:

http://www.funksoulkitty.org

and in the direction of my swap pages:

http://www.funksoulkitty.org/shockypage/shockypage.html

http://www.funksoulkitty.org/july/july.html

http://www.funksoulkitty.org/august/august.html

and in the direction of my wiring details page...which covers all the
information needed for setting up an aftermarket engine management
system (although specific to DTA...it is a general template that could
be used for any system after some tailoring).  This info details lots
of stuff.....like: what was removed from the stock AWP wiring harness,
what was removed from the stock '79 wiring, what components were added
to stock wiring or for DTA, and finally how everything was then
terminated at either the relay board or the DTA.

http://www.funksoulkitty.org/shockypage/wiring/wiringdetails.html

Thanks on the positive feedback....Dan and I have worked our asses off
to get here...  : )

Kirsten