So I passed as well

DL renewel $0, E test $0(unless fail) Plate renwel $84 (if you want specialized, it's always more)

C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

> Congrats! I know the feeling.
>
> -Dick-
> 78 Scirocco
> Original Owner
> 95 Passat
> Second Owner
>

> Denny Maula
>> Took my rocc in yesterday to get smogged. Had to take it to a test only
>> center. I was nervous as hell, but she passed with FLYING colors and
>> meas. lower than ave. in most categories.
>>
>> Its was raining cats and dogs here in san diego yesterday and I took it
>> to a shop with 3 dynos so there was absolutely no wait. I'm stoked.
>>
>> 58.00 bucks.

We do E tests for odd or even years, so each car gets done once in a two
year period.
I just got my reminder from the MTO:
7 Plates @$74 each
1 DL Renewal @75
3 "odd year" E Test notices due to arrive any day @ 37.50 each, $15.00 for
a retest. I think you have to spend up to $450 on repairs now before you
can get an exemption.
The 16V is the only concern, the diesels are just a visual. It should pass
okay. I'm too scared to total it though.

So another bit of E test Trivia from the paper...of 43,000 light duty
diesel VWs that tested, only one failed. It was or beloved "piece of
shit"!!!! (18 of 125,000 light diesels failed overall) I didn't know the
fuel cap had been moved to one of the other 'dubs, so it failed till we
got a cap on it! Too funny. A cash grab? I think so, what's 43,000 X
$37.50?

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco - the Silver Headache
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V - Klaus- sounds like 0.33 of a Chevelle
"The light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train"