the Saga of Shocky Jr - Q about the coil pack retrofit

Kirsten Jensen wrote:
> The pull up resistors were wired into the 4 signal wires going from the
> coil packs to the DTA...not the plug leads.

Ahhhh, thats what I get for not paying close enough attention. (I was
distracted.)

> The stock coil packs that the AWP uses are amplified and require the DTA
> to invert the coil drive signal (this is done through a setting in the
> DTA software).  Since the coil packs are amplified, the circuit is
> continuously on with the exception of when the circuit is actually
> broken for the 3 ms or so to provide the off time that the coils require
> to recharge for next spark.  The pull up resistors are there to pull the
> voltage up to the required 12V on the signal wires.

Makes much more sense knowing it wasn't the discharge side of the damn
'tings. Ooh, ooh- how about retrofitting those big caps the audio guys
use for the bass amps. Yeah!

> Just out of curiosity...where did that come from anyway?  Did I recently
> yap about the coil situation?  hehe my memory often fails me...wouldn't
> be surprised if that was the case.

Well, it was August I presume, and it had to do with MOV files.  Chu get
it?  8D  One thing? Write the top three items to discuss on a cue card.
(Non-critical suggestion.)

> hehehehe..thanks for the nice words...Dan and I have worked really hard
> on this project  : )
>
> Kirsten

Dan, Dan, Dan. <sigh> All Dan does is hold the camera, we know who is
really the power behind the throne.

But really folks, Thx to Dan from my part of the world for being
supportive. 'A Hoot & a Woot for ya boyo'.

TBerk
Don't ya love smart girls? It's _not_ an oxymoron.