What do you want in an aftermarket ECU

How about outputs so things can be monitored from the cabin?

Air to Fuel, timing advance/retard, manifold vacuum, boost, open loop
during 'choke' warm up cycle, stuff like that. It could be a subset kind
of option; I wouldn't mind some 'idiot light' leds for some of this but
I'd stick em behind a closable flap or door in case I didn't want all
that blazing in my face.

If I really put my  mind to definitive list I'll post back. Right now
I'm thinking big picture overview type stuff.

TBerk