3a/Crossflow into Mk1

Hey hey,

   Been a while since i've talked about my peice of crap engine.  I brought
it down to Edmonton this week to a machinist with a huge shop in his
backyard, it was pretty nice.  My choice for the bottom end is bored out
probably to 83.5 or 84mm with a TDi crank.  The crank is gonna be lightened
and balanced if the one I brought him is good.  But now i'm thinking about
heads.  I was planning all along to use a JH head.  But the other day on the
mk1 forum on the vortex, i seen a crossflow write up, the wiring didn't seem
overly hard, i'm going to have the dash and motor out anyway, so it
shouldn't be THAT hard.  The crossflow seems to make more sense, having the
intake manifold over the exhaust manifold is kind of counterproductive in my
opinion.

I've done some reading on the vortex about the difference between obd1 and 2
heads.  Obd is supposed to hit the hood, but this was on a golf.

If I get a obd1 head, will it sit under my bonnet without hitting it?

Thanks

Bryan
Fort McMurray, AB
81 Volkswagen Scirocco