My first EVER non A1 VW purchase is...

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:16:47 -0400, marc_scirocco
<marc_scirocco@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>  I just love this car.
>
> I almost bougth one two years ago.
>
> To me it looks like the Scirocco III VW never made...

I've had wood for these cars for a while.  A neighbour or mine owned
one years ago, and I always admired it.  You're right about it looking
like a Scirocco III - I've thought the same thing...  :)  Too bad it's
not as light as a Scirocco though (a 3200 lb car is a completely
different beast...

> Here is a good start for some reading:
> <<http://www.20v.org/>>

Yup, just discovered that site myself...  Lots of great info, and a
mailing list too (uh oh...)

> Which motor is in? The S4 5cyl turbo?

I wish.  I believe it's an 89 Audi turbo engine out of something else
(5000 Q?).  I gotta do some research on it when I pick it up on
Monday...

To anyone who might be thinking I'm straying from the path, don't
worry, this is only a winter car.  Hell I was bitching about the extra
weight of the Slegato I just traded for compared to a Mk1...  :)

Later,

Mark.
75
80 S