Solvents-R-Us, and other nonsense

My worst so far is not being patient enough when changing my oil. I removed the filter too soon, which caused oil to run all over my hands and down my arm. This made the oil filter slip right out of my hands and plop into the catch basin, covering my head and face in oil. [homer]MmMmMm, used motor oil....[/homer]

Dan

C Boyko <roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

So this begs the question, what's made you laugh most while working on
these cars? For me, it was that dribble of coolant that tracked all the
way across the front crossmember to drop into my eyesocket, and the blind
stagger to the hose that followed it, I was trying to find the hose and
not open my eye, and laughing the whole while. That car has it in for me,
and that was proof. I'd been SO careful not to put my head under the
coolant stream, but gravity had other ideas.

Let's hear your stories, I guess I should include the time I dropped my DD
(the heavybug) onto its oil pan and rotors off the blocks, 6" from the
concrete foundation wall of the garage. Have at it, I'm sure you've done
stupid stuff too.

Cathy
1987 2L 16V Scirocco - the Silver Headache
1979 1.8L 10:1 8V - Klaus- sounds like 0.33 of a Chevelle
"The light at the end of the tunnel is probably an oncoming train"