Exhausting research (and looking for a small part)

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 17:50:47 -0400 (EDT), "C Boyko"
<roccit_53@scirocco.cs.uoguelph.ca> wrote:

>I love you.... oh did I say that out loud?

Blush! (I'm glad wifey doesn't read this list)

>I'm just about to finally get a
>decent particulate mask to do the same thing, and I was afraid of what it
>would sound like

I remembered it was always quieter with the cat, but thought it was
the restriction of the element and diffuser that did it.  The
motorcycle site (didn't bookmark it) said that the key to a quieter
exhaust is to smooth out the pulses of the cylinders firing, probably
more critical on your typical 2 banger bike than our 4s, and an
expansion chamber does exactly that.  I also figured that a wide spot
in the exhaust pipe couldn't hurt the flow, and the APPEARANCE of the
installed cat gives me a great deal of comfort.  I'm not subject to
testing, but the check pipe is a dead giveaway that's too easily seen
if somebody gets picky.

Anyway, good luck.  Let us know if it works for you.

Gordon

75 Mk I/Drake 1.9